Become a New Member
We are a dynamic community of individuals devoted to the study and practice of psychoanalytic psychology.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology (NCSPP). We welcome you into a dynamic community of individuals devoted to the study and practice of psychoanalytic psychology. Membership offers many benefits and is open to licensed mental health professionals; all others are invited to join as Associate or Student Members. Memberships are $120 for Full Members, $90 for Community Mental Health Members, $60 for Friend of NCSPP, $60 for Associate Members, and $30 for Student Members and remain active for one year from the time you join.
This is a particularly exciting time to be involved with NCSPP. Efforts to increase the diversity of our organization are falling into place, and we’re exploring the roles our membership might play in the application of psychoanalytic thought in the broader community.
NCSPP has a longstanding tradition of providing varied and enriching educational opportunities for its members. Our current selection is no exception, as the year ahead is filled with a variety of creative programming — thanks to NCSPP's hard-working committees. We encourage new members to participate in these programs and take full advantage of all that NCSPP has to offer.
Start by becoming a member or renewing your membership today!
All NCSPP members (Student, Associate, CMH and Full) have access to all of the following membership benefits:
- Discounted tuition for all NCSPP lectures, courses, and workshops.
- A professional listing in the online NCSPP membership directory (access only to NCSPP members).
- The biannual editions of our highly regarded psychoanalytic journal, fort da.
- A subscription to our email newsletter, Impulse.
- Personal invitations to all society gatherings such as Scientific Meetings and our Annual Holiday Party (not to be missed, this event is an opportunity to share friendly conversation and delicious food with other members).
- Discounted rate for a subscription to the International Journal of Psychoanalysis.
- Discounted subscription to Psychoanalytic Dialogues, one of the premiere psychoanalytic journals available today, "dedicated to facilitating debate among theoreticians and clinicians working within an array of analytic perspectives."
- For current members of Division 39, you are eligible to subscribe to the PEP-WEB for only $68.00 a year! See Division 39 website for more information (https://www.apadivisions.org/division-39/membership/pep-web)
Membership also includes a discounted registration fee for our Annual Lecture. Each year, NCSPP invites a distinguished member of the international psychoanalytic community to speak and share ideas at this flagship event. It is a chance for us to come together as a community, participate in the evolving traditions of psychoanalysis, and engage in the thought processes of leading thinkers in the field.
All licensed mental health professionals who have an interest in psychoanalysis and/or psychoanalytic psychotherapy. This includes licensed professionals and analytic training candidates who are currently pursuing post-graduate training. Member status does not, by itself, imply competence to practice psychoanalysis and/or psychotherapy.
Community Mental Health Member
All licensed mental health workers who conduct at least 50% of their professional duties at a community mental health agency where the majority of clients receive low- or no-cost therapy services.
Individuals who are no longer students, but not licensed in any of the mental health disciplines; individuals no longer practicing in any of the mental health disciplines; and practitioners living out of state, and thus unable to take advantage of our programs in person.
Individuals currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school in a mental health discipline, and who are not currently licensed in any of the mental health disciplines. Post-graduate/analytic training candidates qualify as Full Members.
MUST UPLOAD A COPY OF CURRENT STUDENT ID TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Renew Your Membership
NCSPP is pleased to keep you as a member. We offer two options for renewing your membership: one-time renewal and automatic yearly renewal. Please keep in mind that you can update your member information at any time by logging into your member profile.